Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Candle lab

Skills learned- Some of the skills in this lab will teach us more about chemistry and some will help us in life. For example we learned that when an object burns it produces smoke and a flame. This is a chemical change because particles are being dispersed into the air. In the future we take this knowledge and use it in a real life situation. If I would light a candle I wouldn't put it near a combustible object. This can be used so I don't burn my house down. Concept- I understand that the physical change was the candle burning because it produce smoke. I noticed the physical change was that the candle became black and it became smaller than it's original size. The changes we obvious and clear for me to get an understanding of the changes and states of matter.

Sources- www.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Candle_burning.jpg




No comments: